Saint-Gobain is seeking a CNC Cutting Machine Operator for our growing Air Supported Radomes Department in Merrimack, NH. One year experience operating CNC Equipment is required and 6+ months of basic blueprint reading is preferred.
How would you like to work for a company that has been in business for over 350 years, is a leader in the market, provides great growth oppotunities, a great work-environment and outstanding benefits? Our products are sold world-wide and provide protection to our first responders and military. Air-Supported Radomes protect antenna systems while providing outstanding electromagnetic transmission performance. They are constructed using high performance fabrics, which are designed to withstand the toughest environmental conditions.
The CNC Cutting Machine Operator is responsible for properly operating a Eastman CNC cutting machine to layout and cut coated fabric material to specification for various parts prior to assembly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Follows work orders, process sheets, procedures, and /or other instructional documentation:
- Read and interpret blueprints to identify the necessary layout of coated materials onto the cut table
- Verify, inspect, and select coated material rolls suitable to be used per work order
- Properly download correct cut files and execute cut functions for belts, blanks, windows, shelter parts, and radome panels
- Properly complete required paperwork/forms either manually or electronically
- Work with draftsman to ensure all cut files are accurate and up to date
- Inspects, sorts, and packages completed items per Work Order and QA direction
- Meet productivity time and quality standards in area of responsibility
- Analyze department Engineering Work Releases (EWR’s) to be able to make recommendations on date of completion, material needs, space available and equipment required for cut table scheduling demands
- Minimize waste and off-cuts by recommending changes to work order text and coordinate these updates with scheduling
- Update work order traveler information and cut sheet logs to support improved quality oversight and inventory accuracy
- Willing to accept and receive frequent direction and assistance from various levels of management
- Willing to participate/lead corrective/preventive action initiatives with the ability to gain expertise in defining Problem Statement, Identifying Root Cause, and implementing Containment/Permanent Corrective Action
- Assist in documentation of new and revised procedures; communicates process upgrades to all teams for standardization and conformity in support of quality initiatives
- Participate in WCM projects
- Maintain 5S/Visual Factory/Kanban systems within work area
- Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned
**NOTE: The hours for this position will be Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm. Training for this position is approximately 4-6 weeks on 1st shift (6am-2pm)**
| || |
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now