Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Health and Safety Manager plans, directs, and implements facility safety and environmental programs including all ISO programs, to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. They lead all aspects of the facility compliance efforts with Federal, State and local EHS regulations. The annual EHS plan is completed by the H&S Manager, which stems from their over-all efforts to develop, maintain, and/or execute the facility and company strategic goals. When anyone within the facility has an EHS related concern, it is the H&S Manager’s duty to provide their expertise in the field to lead the rest of the team to the proper resolution. They are a champion of a safe work environment for all, developing or upgrading trainings and programs to ensure their effectiveness. The H&S Manager will partner with management in promoting positive employee relations, coordinate the various safety teams, and support the overall growth and direction of the facility.
- Conducts regular safety audits of all departments including the inspection of facilities, worksites, equipment, work practices, and safety devices to ensure compliance with required workplace safety standards, regulations, and company policy: reports findings to department and recommends changes to establish safe work conditions.
- Lead facility safety committee and respond to all employee safety and environmental concerns.
- Develops, implements, and manages the company's injury prevention programs- directing and coordinating the participation of departments within the program.
- Facilitate hazard identification & risk assessment within each department and assist in coordination of and closure and/or corrective actions.
- Develops, implements, and manages training of employees on safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Implement and drive OHSAS 18001 program.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable internal and external EHS regulations.
- Oversee and maintain SDS program
- Assess and facilitate solutions to ergonomic concerns and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate monitoring (IH studies) to evaluate and mitigate any opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 5 years’ experience in H&S or related field, with supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Adaptable and drive customer focus.
- Basic computer skills, familiar with MS Office, and the ability to learn a variety of database systems.
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding of OSHA and EPA regulations.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now