Responsible for operating all production equipment managing scrap and maintaining high productivity levels. Also, sustains a positive team environment and a focus on quality assurance and continuous improvement.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Candidate must have a minimum of one-year manufacturing related experience & is required to demonstrate focused effort relative to their role in the following fundamental areas: Safety Practices, Self-Management, Achieves Business Results, Communication, Solving Problems, Innovative Thinking, Teamwork, Encouraging Customer Focus, Flexibility and Attendance.
Typical job duties:
- Run efficient production lines, problem solving to ensure products meet quality specifications, including checking product and equipment frequently, making immediate adjustments or changes to lines when needed.
- Keep lines and production floor clean and free of debris and stocked for incoming shift.
- Complete all necessary paperwork (i.e. all log books and line paperwork), read and understand specifications for all products, grade products, document all changes to the line as they occur.
- Consistently communicate problems or needs with supervisor and assistant supervisor and communicate with all team members.
- Build boxes, clean and maintain printers, keep track of tools and equipment, ensure all needed supplies are available.
- Run, set-up, and have ability to operate production equipment.
- Work closely with team members to be more efficient, troubleshooting problems and helping find new or better solutions, ask for help when needed.
- Participate in and promote safety, quality, continuous improvement events and ideas.
High School diploma or GED required
One-year manufacturing experience preferred
Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computer entry
Minimum English competency to adequately perform duties and responsibilities, both written and verbal
Shifts are fixed. All positions are on nights:
Front End Nights:
Sunday through Tuesday, 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
Back End Nights:
Wednesday through Friday, 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now