Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Senior process engineer is accountable to ensure that proper process controls exists within the plant so that manufactured products and raw material supplies meet required specifications. Also, the Senior process engineer investigates product complaints and process problems, and performs constant cost
- Provides an accident free worksite while maintaining status as the preferred supplier of quality products and service with a goal of world class yield, availability, and reliability.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Direct activities of process and quality control personnel
- Lead, foster, and recognize the continual expansion of opportunity for specific quality improvement efforts either through team or individual ventures.
- Enhance and maintain quality performance parameters and assessment mechanisms for manufacturing in order to determine effectiveness of the various quality improvement efforts.
- Reduction in process input variations through the use of SPC tool sets to drive out special cause variation and minimize normal variation
- Lead the plant WCM Q&PC Pillar
- Establish and maintain production control guidelines for all products produced at the plant.
- Support local plant in specific efforts for key Quality and Compliance objectives
- Lead the Plant’s quality & Process audit programs
- Monitor Sales’ and Consumer Services feedback on quality concerns and trends
- Provide production supervisors and operators with information and training to help them perform their jobs and make necessary corrective process decisions.
- Coordinate projects to improve manufactured product quality.
- Identify cost reduction and quality improvement opportunities.
- Participate on new product development teams as it pertains to their plant.
- Provide guidance/support for all plant personnel as it relates to quality & process
- Conduct 1on1, annual performance reviews and goals/objectives for all direct reports.
- Work with WCM Community on the proper deployment and implementation of the Q&PC pillar.
•Directly manage process and quality team in the plant.
•Provides coaching/mentoring and communicates performance expectations and reviews to production staff.
- Professional Engineering designation in Chemical or Process Engineering, or Chemist
- 5-10 Years’ progressive experience in quality engineering, production operations, or engineering.
- Advanced quality technologies and implementation
- continuous improvement experience
- Project management
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- ASQ-CQE certification
- Experience working in a team environment
- Change management and conflict management skills.
- Previous experience in gypsum, paper, or continuous manufacturing
- Experience leading a team of direct reports or continuous improvement project teams
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Apply Now