Saint-Gobain Specialty Grains & Powders is looking for a Sr. Maintenance Electrician to join our Maintenance team at our Wheatfield, NY site. The Sr. Maintenance Electrician is responsible for safely performing all electrical and mechanical operations required to maintain plant processes, including automation and control systems. The incumbent must possess knowledge of and experience with PLC programming and programming of AC/DC motor drives. Installs and troubleshoots various equipment including electrical and electronic support systems. The incumbent is also responsible for the safe installation, maintenance and repair of all machine tools, shop tools and maintenance of production and building equipment. Must work in a manner that is safe while continuously ensuring quality, production and performance expectations are met.
- Responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, analyzing and repairing all equipment, including electrical, mechanical and pneumatic malfunctions. Analyzes PLCs and motor drives. Replaces, moves, installs, adjusts and maintains all electrical/mechanical equipment and machinery as required. Disassembles, adjusts, repairs and/or reassembles machine tool components, including but not limited to hydraulics, clutches, brakes, turrets, etc.
- Designs and fabricates parts and performs modifications. In addition to using normal machine tools, repairs or fabricates special parts. Assists with development of equipment specifications. Design, update and modify electrical systems.
- Works from machine prints, sketches, manuals and/or verbal directives. Investigates reports of electrical breakdowns and collect maintenance data for analysis.
- Responsible for the performance of scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM) on all assigned machinery and equipment. Establishes and assures proper record maintenance. Cleans equipment during downtime. Recalibrates production equipment’s’ electrical components.
- Works with the Parts & Inventory Coordinator to maintain appropriate supply of spare parts and maintenance supplies (reorder, as required); may need to meet with vendors.
- High Voltage Equipment: cleans transformer and high voltage equipment during plant shutdown; coordinates with outside contractors to gain access to high voltage equipment
- Responsible for performing tasks related to maintaining 5S or other efficiency management programs.
- Must be an active participant in all facility safety, audit, manufacturing and efficiency programs. Repairs any safety problems found throughout the plant.
- Journey worker within electrical construction and maintenance, or related field
- 5+ years of machine repair experience, knowledge of National Electric Code
- Troubleshooting knowledge as well as electrical and mechanical aptitude with knowledge of power transmission, bearings and seals, and electrical components
- Detail oriented, must have analytical/problem-solving skills, ability to work under pressure & make effective decisions
- Good interpersonal skills, must be a team player and have effective communication ability
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Willingness to work overtime and at times on short notice.
Saint-Gobain Ceramics Division regroups Saint-Gobain’s businesses specialized in ceramic-based solutions for industrial clients. Our product range spans from advanced ceramic grains and powders, to specialty refractories and ceramic systems. We offer “Material Solutions That Make a Difference”, in the sense that our ceramic products and services are mission-critical to our customers’ own applications. At the heart of industry, we pride ourselves in serving segment-leading customers across the world, through long-term, trust-based relationships. At Saint-Gobain, our people are our most valuable asset so we provide competitive base salary and incentive compensation packages to reward and recognize employees for their contributions toward the company's success. Apply Now