CertainTeed Insulation is looking for a Process Engineer to implement World Class Manufacturing (WCM) projects, production and processing methods and controls to meet customer based quality standards in our Kansas City, KS plant. Utilizing WCM principles, this position will focus on product formulation, process development and optimization, equipment design and optimization, general project engineering, and trial planning and execution. The Process Engineer will also support the plant and company strategic initiatives including capital projects that involve process improvements, sustainability and new product development. Through the application of process engineering fundamentals and advances process control tools, this position will ensure that processes are centered, capable and in control; reduce process variations; and resolve special causes variation. The Process Engineer reports directly to the Quality Manager.
- Analyzes process variations; develops solutions and implements corrective actions by using advanced statistical tools in identifying and resolving the root causes of the variations in the process, and participates in resolving critical process and product problems with customers and vendors.
- Designing and developing new process systems, revising existing processes, and developing and coordinating the implementation of projects, which contribute substantially to plant profitability.
- As primary project leader, provides technical direction to designers, contractors and employees of associated projects.
- Interacts with Team for operational trouble-shooting, process improvement projects, production materials requirement, raw material availability and Quality Step Zero requirements.
- Compiles technical data and other background information to determine equipment performance specifications and established baselines. Interprets and extrapolates accumulated data to prepare diagrams and flow charts for the efficient operation of the equipment.
- Participate and/or may lead the WCM Pillar for Early Equipment Management (EEM) and be an advisor for Focused Improvement and Professional Maintenance teams.
- Assists with preparing programs for computer control systems.
- Interacts with consultants and suppliers to determine compatibility of other systems and products as they may apply to process improvement.
- Identifies safety, cost and quality opportunities and develops solutions for corrective actions.
- Analyzes operating problems, develops solutions, and leads the implementation of corrective actions.
- Organizes and initiates run trials to evaluate equipment, process and raw material opportunities.
- Provides professional training on the manufacturing process to internal employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of applied professional process experience in a manufacturing environment, with 2-3 years of experience in project management and project engineering fundamentals.
- Previous experience with product formulation, water and foam chemistries, mass & energy balance, flow diagrams, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), fluid properties and thermodynamics.
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical tools used to reduce variations.
- Flexible, open-minded team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving capabilities to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments.
- Ability to provide leadership and innovation at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience leading focused improvement (FI) or Kaizen projects.
- Previous AutoCAD experience.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now