The senior project engineer makes decisions, both technical and financial, on projects, which are required for the safe, efficient operation of the facility. Vendor and contractor selection on engineering projects. This individual also makes decisions that effect the reliability and efficiency of plant equipment. These impact production efficiencies, customer service, and product quality. Government regulations and reporting requirements are outlined in both Saint Gobain Company and governmental policies.
- Provide engineering project management. Coordinate the design, construction, fabrication, installation, start-up and modification of plant facilities, equipment, and systems. To insure success – utilize cross- functional team approach, ensuring lines of communication to all affected parties are open and dialogue is free flowing.
- Maintain environmental control program, assuring compliance with local and federal regulatory agencies.
- Support a safe working environment in area of responsibility at all times. Correct or report unsafe acts or conditions through appropriate channels of resolution.
Capital Project Management
- Appropriation Requests – prep and justification
- Project Preparation
- Construction management
- Transfer to project owner
Non-Capital Project and Plant Support
- Manage engineering projects that do not fall under corporate capital spending guidelines.
- Assign plant maintenance personnel in troubleshooting process equipment.
- Train plant personnel on new equipment and systems.
Team Activities (Dept. Teams, Safety Team, Cross-plant Teams)
Typical plant working conditions: fast-paced environment, seasonal temperatures, noise levels, dust, and moving machinery. The individual must establish and maintain good communication between contractors, vendors and plant personnel.
This position requires a four year engineering degree and one year of experience in a project-engineering role dealing with project management and vendor selection are recommended. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for the above recommendations.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now