NOTE: This is a remote position; West Coast USA
The candidate for this position will be responsible for selling products from the Critical Engineered Solutions (CES) portfolio (seals, polymer parts, etc.) to assigned territory existing and new customers, with particular focus on accounts in the area of Semiconductor, General Industry and Alternative Energy. Responsible for sales cycle and customer relations for existing and prospective customers.
- Calls on prospective and existing accounts and determines specific applications for seal usage
- Completes technical service request for quotations or project action request for engineering and/or design and pricing considerations
- Communicates and presents product line and company capabilities to customers
- Interfaces with customers on pricing, quality and delivery information; provides product samples as required
- Researches and develops competitive date and potential market opportunities to Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Technical Discipline required.
- 3+ years’ B2B sales experience with focus on technical sales of components. Must read blueprints and be able to interface with engineers on technical aspects of application
- Proven relationship building skills and commercial awareness, to understand the customer's business needs and identify plans to deliver them.
- Flexible approach to working to meet the customer's engineering needs
- Effective influencing and communication skills, with the ability to understand and explain technical concepts to different levels
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel 50%; mostly regional travel to key accounts. Overseas meetings approximately twice per year.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now