Reporting to the Warehouse and Logistics Manager, MRP/MRO Planner is responsible for planning, ordering, and maintaining raw material inventories and purchasing maintenance materials to meet plant needs. This person works closely with the Production Manager, Maintenance Manager and Corporate Planner to ensure raw materials are on site and available in order to run the production schedule and meet maintenance demands. This person also works closely with the corporate purchasing team to execute corporate and strategic plans to meet goals of delivery performance, inventory targets, and inventory turns for raw materials and maintenance materials.
Monitors raw material consumption and inventory levels, plans and orders raw materials needed, in order to achieve the production schedule. Utilization of min/max levels through the SAP MRP planning system to manage the orders to suppliers.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining local MRP settings for each raw material related to plant specific parameters as well as guidance from corporate purchasing.
- Works with suppliers on planning inbound deliveries and expedites accordingly.
- Monitors and reports raw material vendor performance and addresses deficiencies as needed (OTIF).
- Responsible for raw material cycle count and for raw material Stock Record Accuracy (SRA).
- Coordinates with Maintenance Planner to enter purchase orders and ensure delivery of required maintenance spares and repair materials to support PM Step Zero maintenance workflow
- Acts as local SAP super-user for purchasing functions
- Trains local purchasing policies and administration to other local purchasing personnel to ensure effective use of SAP and adherence to internal control policies
- Functions as part of plant’s administration team to monitor PO conformance and receiving functions through review of open PO report
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience which will provide a working knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices and procedures concerned with distribution activities.
- 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing, logistics, warehouse, shipping and/or customer service related activities.
- Excellent computer skills; including Microsoft Office Suite.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
SAP systems knowledge (Strongly Preferred)
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Experience using continuous improvement tools.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (Strongly Preferred)
- Gypsum wallboard manufacturing experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in production and/or MRP planning in SAP or similar system
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Purchasing of Raw Materials and Repair Material in accordance with Internal Control and purchasing guidelines.
INTERNAL CONTROLS RESPONSIBILITY
Internal controls are a vital part of the duties and responsibilities of this job. Knowing and following company policies and procedures is mandatory.
No direct supervisory responsibilities, but strong influence of administrative functions such as purchasing and receiving personnel
Manufacturing Plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, stairs and ladders. Exposure to industrial noise, dust and heat. Some travel required. Minimum of 40 hours per week, additional hours determined by work flow and project demand.
Requires wearing personal protection equipment as mandated in areas accessed. Physical demands are walking and climbing, entering confined spaces, and heights. May need to navigate steps and rough terrain at some plant locations.
Travel would involve ability to fly on commercial airplanes and drive to remote locations.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now