Saint-Gobain is seeking Fabrication Associates for our growing Air Supported Radomes Department in Merrimack, NH. In this role, you will help build covers for Radar systems and other structures such as military shelters (tents). We will train candidates that are dependable and willing to learn.
$16/hr to start plus a 5% shift differential
**NOTE: The hours for this position will be Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm. Training for this position will be for approximately 4-6 weeks on 1st shift (6am-2pm)**
Would you like to work for a company that makes products to keep our first responders and military safe in extreme situations and architectural fabrics for stadium covers? Air-Supported Radomes protect antenna systems while providing outstanding electromagnetic transmission performance. They are constructed using high performance fabrics, which are designed to withstand the toughest environmental conditions.
The Fabrication Associate is responsible laying out, cutting and assembing material to manufacture a variety of products to specification. The successful candidate will follow process sheets, work orders, and instructions to make the highest quality products for our customers. Successful candidates must have excellent attention to detail with regard to safety and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Follows work orders, process sheets, procedures, and /or other instructional documentation
- Read and interpret blueprints, to measure, cut, layout and assemble coated fabric material
- Fabricate miscellaneous parts using a variety of powered and hand tools and ensures accuracy to blueprint
- Complete visual inspections on material as it is processes
- Willing to accept and receive frequent direction and assistance from various levels of management
- Recognize and report defective materials or questionable conditions to Lead and/or Production Supervisor when necessary
- Properly complete required paperwork/forms either manually or electronically
- Maintain 5S housekeeping/organization within work area
- Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned