The Facilities Manager will be a critical member of the plant’s leadership team and will be responsible for managing facilities operations for the Gaithersburg site (~35k sqft.) and maintenance of all equipment and areas needed to manufacture cell therapy bags and single use assemblies in an ISO 7 and ISO 8 Class Cleanroom environment, including oversight of building management system, preventative/corrective maintenance, spare parts and tool inventory, quality documentation, facilities budget and capital expense projects. The Facility Manager will provide weekend and on-call and after hours support when necessary.
- Supervise daily activities of facilities and maintenance support functions
- Performance Management
- Career and skills development of all direct reports
- Train facilities team and other site personnel as needed
- Responsibility for the facilities’ budget.
- Overall responsibility for maintenance and efficient operations of general facility and manufacturing utilities to include but not limited to: pest control, landscaping, custodial services, chilled water, heating hot water, RO water, HVAC air distribution and management, standby/emergency generator, support equipment, chillers, boilers, air handlers, exhaust fans, pumps, sensors, fan coils, air compressors, vacuum pumps, and autoclaves.
- Plan and coordinate the preventative maintenance and repairs of production equipment, HVAC, security systems, electrical, mechanical, and other related production equipment and building systems.
- Manage the maintenance shop and spare parts inventory.
- Write SOPs and WIs for facility/maintenance related programs and safe equipment utilization.
- Manage building management system (BMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Preventative/Corrective Maintenance (PM/CM) programs in accordance with the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Serve as site security officer (badge, key access, site perimeter) and site fire chief (assist with fire system, liaison with Fire Marshal and insurance carrier).
- Manage facilities relationship with landlord and facilities related services and contractors.
- Responsible for establishment and maintenance of site Business Continuity Plan.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments, Quality, Safety, Production, R&D, and Finance.
- Manage facility related capital expenditure (CAPEX) projects.
- Develop recommendations and implement methods, procedures and techniques for improving existing or new facilities related processes and systems.
- Provide facility and engineering troubleshooting support as needed.
- Solve complex regulatory, structural, mechanical, electrical issues/concerns.
- Actively participate in all Environmental, Health and Safety activities of the plant.
- Model 5S behaviors and work habits in daily standard of work.
- Exhibits model behavior as related to EHS policies and practices and enforces safety rules and regulations in a manner consistent with the corporate Values and Attitudes.
- Ensure safe behavior and safe equipment utilization of facilities team and outside contractors.
- Responsible and ensuring facilities related compliance with local, county, state and federal regulations.
Quality Management System
- Technical writing of QMS documentation for facilities-related events (i.e. Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) reports, Nonconformance reports, equipment impact assessments, etc.)
- Support IQ/OQ/PQ execution and conduct Risk Assessments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Engineering, Construction or related field is required; equivalent work experience will be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience and management of budget and capital expense projects.
- Experience working with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC equipment/systems.
- Intermediate computer skills (i.e. BMS, MS Office, etc.).
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotech, medical device or similarly aligned regulated manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now