To directly supervise the hourly employees assigned to the production areas of the plant assuring they work in a safe and efficient manner producing high quality products in accordance with the production schedule. Utilize management skills and team-building methods that maximize product quality and produce a low cost product to our customers, in a timely manner.
The #1 priority of the job is to provide a safe environment for our employees to work. The shift manager is directly responsible for insuring that safe work practices are enforced, the proper tools are available and the employees are accountable for individual safety on their assigned shift. When not reducing safety risks in the facility, the shift manager must focus on producing a quality, low cost product to our customer, in a timely manner.
This position will be measured against specific KPI’s, including the following:
- safety and quality performance (meeting attendance / complaint investigations and reviews, SMAT auditing / AOQL audit / accident investigations / identifying and reducing safety risks / development of a shift safety team)
- customer service satisfaction thru schedule compliance management, and other tools,
- production downtime and scrap, by area and equipment, including tracking of rebagging and refeeding pounds and appropriate labor hours
- labor and spending (expectations related to labor include: managing of absenteeism and overtime, enforcing job descriptions and policy, ensuring shift consistency and compliance to plant rules and performance expectations).
The shift manager is responsible for managing the operation thru direct supervision of all shift personnel. To be successful, the shift manager must be capable of troubleshooting, developing action plans, implementing solutions, building teamwork and developing self-directed work teams that perform their jobs consistently.
This position will also have responsibility for production credit and reconciliation.
- Bachelors of Science degree in technical field required or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years prior experience supervising employees in a unionized, continuous process manufacturing environment
- Team building skills, along with the ability to facilitate action plans
- Current computer skills, both in PC and control systems, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong communication, leadership, coaching and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to Six Sigma practices, Lean Manufacturing and 5S Tools
- Ability to Multi-tasking
- Skills to tactfully deal with a diverse group of people and must be technically proficient.
- The employee must be able to concentrate and think clearly in an always changing environment, while driving problem resolution.
- In addition, the employee must have strong managerial skills to motivate and direct a large group of employees.
- The employee must be a leader, self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to build teams.
- Honesty, integrity, analytical abilities and confidentiality are major requirement for this position, along with the ability to prioritize work load
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now