CertainTeed Insulation, a division of CertainTeed’s interior products group, is looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to assist with production, processing methods and controls in a manner consistent with CertainTeed Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO). Through the application of engineering fundamentals and advances process control tools, this position will ensure that processes are centered, capable and in control; reduce process variations; and resolve special causes variation. An Automation Engineer will also provide leadership in the implementation and support of plant automation, electrical and database systems.
- Planning, evaluating, organizing and implementing automation related projects and initiatives, including providing status updates.
- Designing and developing new process control systems and revising/maintaining of existing processes; managing and guiding contractors, consultants and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost/benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement controls projects.
- Works closely with the Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate changes in the production process and resolve equipment malfunctions.
- Participates in Focus Improvement teams to resolve critical process and production problems with customers and vendors.
- Develops and maintains automation related systems (PLC/HMI/VFD/Instrumentation/Network) and implements required updates to avoid technical obsolescence.
- Assists maintenance team with any difficult troubleshooting issues.
- Uses advanced tools / techniques to reduce process variations and downtime.
- Identifies and resolves special cause variation in the process.
- Analyzes operating problems, develops solutions and leads the implementation of corrective actions.
- Collects, interprets and extrapolates data from the production process to monitor current equipment performance against established baselines and applies appropriate corrective actions.
- Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance.
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process &Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
- Provides training for operators and maintenance personnel.
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline.
- 5-10 years’ of applied professional experience in Instrumentation & Controls (I&C)/PLC.
- Previous experience in electrical process control, instrumentation, automation, industrial protocols/networking (switching & routing) and databases.
- Understanding of integrated automation and information systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of National Electrical Code (NEC) and Arc-Flash (NFPA-70E) code requirements.
- Flexible, open-minded team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving capabilities to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now