Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the position is accountable for overseeing shift production, meeting production performance goals, quality goals and ensuring a safe working environment for each employee. The Shift Supervisor is also responsible for creating a culture of collaboration and accountability by guiding, coaching and mentoring the production teams to consistently meet plant objectives and deliverables using WCM/CI Standards, KPI’s and OSHA requirements.
- Coaches, guides and mentors, Line Leads & Operators, by influencing behaviors to meet assigned responsibilities that directly improve individual, team, and plant performance.
- Assign workload, monitor progress, and evaluate results.
- Monitor overall safety, production, quality and key performance indicators.
- Oversee training for new employees, coach, develop, and provide feedback on employee progress using feedback mechanisms (30,60, 90 days and annual).
- Provide continuous process and production improvement recommendations.
- First line support of production operators and maintenance to eliminate/minimize machine failure.
- Has significant problem solving experience involving frequent changes in production schedule, variations in raw materials and unexpected absences of employees. Must work through direct reports to revise processes, production schedules, equipment and shipping schedules in a manner that maintains product quality and output rates while meeting changing customers’ needs.
- Ability to effectively share plant objectives with the production workforce and to help those personnel achieve these objectives.
- Two (2) years of post-high school education (or equivalent experience) or five (5) years of manufacturing experience/industrial/technical experience, or a minimum of (4) years of military experience
- Two (2) years of experience teaching, leading, or coaching
- Flexible, open-minded team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving capabilities to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now