SAGE is all about its people, its products and its company culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
The Software Engineer – Mobile & Web is responsible for the following phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC); Design, Development, Integration, Implementation and Maintenance. The main responsibilities in this role will be to develop and support mobile applications using Google Flutter as well as native iOS and Android functionality for Augmented and Virtual Reality solutions. In this role you will be expected to communicate with project stakeholders from the requirements gathering phase through project completion. It is imperative that this person be able to juggle multiple projects, responsibilities and priorities at the same time while meeting agreed upon deliverables. The position must be capable of working independently to produce scalable solutions which adhere to internal standards while maintaining cyber security best practices.
- Software/Solution Development including design, development, integration and implementation
- Project Management including timeline and milestone development as well as on-going communication with project stakeholders
- Maintenance of existing systems and applications
- Continuing education and training & mentoring junior colleagues
- Patent review and filing
- Develop and support mobile applications to support cloud services and the enablement of remote monitoring and control of SageGlass installations.
- Build scalable solutions to support a global deployment with known installations from North America, Europe and Asia and the capability of supporting South America and Africa with minimal additional effort.
- Play an active role in the Intellectual Property and Patenting processes at Sage to maintain competitive advantage with the competition.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration required
- 5-10 years of software development required
- 5-10 years of database development required
- 1-3 years of project management preferred
- Working knowledge of various database technologies (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, Redis, SQLite, SQL Server, Cosmos, Datalake)
- Hand-on experience building mobile applications and familiarity with different technologies including Native (iOS & Android), Progressive Web Application and Hybrid.
- Experience setting up and deploying cloud services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience developing solutions using Google Flutter.
- Must have demonstrated experience leading complex projects and mentoring junior colleagues
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation and bonus plan
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Company funded Retirement Accumulation Plan (Pension)
- Paid Time Off
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now