As a project manager, with a direct reporting to the Industrial Director Bonded (BA) / Superabrasives (SA) world-wide, you have the responsibility and the autonomy for leading the transformation of the processes and for putting in place the appropriate methods for implementing efficiently the most valuable solutions.
This function will cover a wide scope with two areas which are the PLM and the Manufacturing 4.0 plus two domains which are the Business processes analysis and the Digital IT solution implementation. The project manager will be in charge of organizing, structuring, coordinating and leading his topics with a performing integration of all the involved stakeholders and tools but he will also needs to acquire a deep understanding of our products, processes and solutions.
This assignment will consequently require to work on the field in close collaboration with our operators, engineers and managers of our plants located all over the world for consolidating the Business requirements, for ensuring a high quality of change management and for keeping the global consistency but also the local suitability of our solutions. This will also require to manage the coordination of the IT teams and IT suppliers for building the applications and systems of which you will be recognized as the Champion. Eventually this role will drive to become a real expert of the Business processes and of our Digital applications with the opportunity to daily deal with management, business operations and IT challenges.
More precisely the role of project manager for the implementation of the new PLM platform system for SA and BA world-wide will cover the tasks and responsibilities outlined in the job description.
This position is based in Worcester, MA, but location is subject to discussion based on various Saint-Gobain Manufacturing facilities across the United States and their alignment to position.
- Strong listening and communication skills, as he/she will have to deal with several plants and cultures
- Leadership and autonomy
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in Digital IT solution implementation and knowledge for Digital IT project methodology
- PLC knowledge and automation
- Interest in software programming and knowledge of database
- Business Acument
- Gather requirements, defines and documents business processes/procedures using workflow modelling techniques and standardized documentation templates
- Develop and maintains deep understanding of business priorities
- Support the discovery, review and alignment of initiatives to strategic objectives through the prioritization process
- Sign off the business requirement specifications and the delivery of the project
- Lead the change management for business operations, take in the continuous training of the Business users and support the change readiness to adopt process initiatives
- Promote process optimization in operations and tools and ensures the integrity and consistency of the design and governance of the Business Process competencies
- Put in place and drive the team to manage the PLM and administrate the tool
In addition to this, regarding his involvement on 4.0 area, the project manager will also be in charge of:
- The definition of required Digital applications for BA and SA through translation of business needs into specifications or mock up preparation
- Supporting plant roll out of this applications and defining necessary upgrades of equipments (link with equipment suppliers in this context) or changes of infrastructure in agreement with local cybersecurity teams
- Leading workgroups set-up at world-wide level, mostly for the North American plants, and be the main contact of local 4.0 leaders
Working constantly with several cross-functional teams , the project manager will achieve objectives while taking care of assessing and mitigating the risks and issues. He will also realign these teams and their tasks with the priorities given by the steering committees of his project to ensure successful deliveries. This means also that he will be able to provide supporting rationales and justifications for delivering clear recommendations to the Abrasives management team as subject matter expert. Apply Now