We are seeking reliable, hard-working production workers for anticipated openings in August 2020. In this role, you will be a valuable part of our production team, ensuring our production quotas are met in a timely fashion while observing the highest standards of safety and quality. You will need to be reliable and punctual, able to perform physical tasks that are repetitive, and lift up to 25-50 lbs. Openings will be on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- One to Two years in a Manufacturing environment are preferred. Will substitute for equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools
- Basic computer skills required
- Ensure that production requirements and standards are met consistently
- Follow all written and verbal instructions
- Attend all safety and production trainings
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Perform typical machine shop operations to support the manufacturing floor
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the shift supervisor / department manager
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance as well as participate as a member of team
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Maintain a 5S acceptable work area
- Housekeeping duties as needed/directed
- Support Visual Workplace and LEAN initiatives
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now