The Super Abrasives Division is seeking a Principal Scientist at the Saint-Gobain North America’s Research Center. The qualified candidate will have knowledge of engineering, material science, experience with plating technologies and metallurgy are a plus. The candidate will lead product and process development projects in a team approach working closely with product management, manufacturing and customers. Ability to interact across a broad range of levels, cultures, expertise, and geographic regions is required.
In this position the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Establishing project strategy in collaboration with stakeholders, assigning the work with the team and insuring the execution is done in a timely manner and within budget using standard project management tools.
- Actively communicating to the stakeholders including technical results, progress towards targets and potential delays.
- Insuring quality of the work produced by the team including thorough analyses of data, development of new test method and use of collaboration with Competency Research Lab as needed; concise and thorough technical reports written in a timely manner.
- Leading a team composed of technicians and engineers. Responsible for setting up individual objectives, provide trainings and regular feedback.
- PhD with 6+ years’ experience in Chemical, Mechanical or Material Science
- R&D industry experience with proven record of successful product development from ideation to launch
- Must possess a body of technical work commensurate with their years of experience
- Knowledge of electrochemistry
- Knowledge of metallurgy is preferred
- Ability to travel 30%
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now