Saint-Gobain Research North America is looking for a driven, talented, and energetic researcher to join our growing Cell Therapy team in conducting hands-on laboratory experiments for key development programs.
Saint-Gobain produces a variety of single-use products for advanced cell and gene therapies, applying our deep experience in material science and engineering to immunotherapy and other fields. We are searching for a Biologist specialized in human cell culture, with a focus on T cell manufacturing, to bridge the material and clinical expertise in developing new products. The new team member will have the opportunity to leverage their cell culture expertise for supporting projects from the initial stages of conceptualization, experimental testing towards the implementation of prototypes for large-scale manufacturing.
Projects will focus on process and product development activities related to Saint-Gobain’s extensive bioprocessing product line. The new team member will design experimental plans with guidance, execute experiments, analyze data, generate laboratory protocols, and contribute to technical reports and product summaries.
The selected candidate will be joining the Cell Therapy team in our Life Sciences laboratory located on the campus of the University of Massachusetts Science Park in Worcester, MA. This new facility is dedicated to the research of cell and material interactions for designing and optimizing single-use systems for cell and gene therapies.
- Experienced Biologist specialized in human T cell culture
- Utilizes basic scientific or engineering principles and techniques to undertake specific tasks and projects with limited scope
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems in the design/execution of development projects
- Exhibits creativity in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Supports senior engineers and scientists in R&D team with their projects
- Executes and/or supports commercial and manufacturing support requests
- Manages and documents projects and tasks effectively under minimal supervision by a technical leader
- Presents data internally and contributes to external publications when appropriate
- Plays leading role in lab management: safety aspects, equipment maintenance, 5S, lab audit preparation and action follow-up, lab postings, regular equipment checks, supply inventory etc.
- Demonstrates open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility
- Conducts hands-on experimental work independently and can be self-sufficient in scheduling, prioritization, time and task management
- Seeks out others to enhance and streamline development and decision making
- Must possess a body of technical work commensurate with their years of experience including but not limited to: demonstration of hands-on experimental work, self-management in lab work and planning, and drawing conclusions based on a collection of basic data and interpretation
- Very familiar with methods and techniques of cell culture with primary cells and cell lines.
- Incumbent analyzes and reports results using appropriate software and generates summary for review.
- Demonstrated good knowledge in HSE
- Good knowledge of fluorescence microscopy (preferably including time-lapse imaging and image analysis)
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems of moderate scope
- Ability to learn Project management skills, team collaboration and oral and written communication
- Autonomous execution is expected
- BS Degree Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other relevant Science or Engineering degree with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience, or equivalent experience in human primary cell culture
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands on experience with human primary cell culture, especially T cells, and cell lines
- Basic understanding of cell manufacturing methods and requirements preferred
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now