Saint-Gobain Research North America is looking for a driven, talented, and energetic early career engineer to join our growing Life Sciences team.
Saint-Gobain produces a variety of single-use products for advanced cell and gene therapies, applying our deep experience in material science and engineering to oncology and other fields. We are searching for a design engineer experienced in fabrication & prototyping to help bring new products to life. The new team member will have the opportunity to leverage their design & engineering expertise by leading their projects from the initial stages of conceptualization, prototyping and experimental testing towards the implementation of prototypes for large-scale manufacturing. Projects will focus on process and product development activities related to Saint-Gobain’s extensive bioprocessing product line, including single-use components used in to manufacture vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, and cell and gene therapies.
The selected candidate will be working closely with the Cell Therapy team in our new Life Sciences laboratory located on the campus of the University of Massachusetts Science Park in Worcester, MA. This new facility is dedicated to the research of cell and material interactions for designing and optimizing single-use systems for cell and gene therapies.
- Early career industrial designer or mechanical engineer with expertise in CAD, prototyping & testing. Utilizes standard machine shop tools, 3D printing, specialized equipment & external vendors to develop prototypes & conduct iterative design.
- Exhibits creativity in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Has a bias for action and agile methods, is unafraid to try things as a way of learning
- Manages design engineering projects with limited scope and also supports senior engineers and scientists in R&D team with their projects. Manages and documents projects and tasks effectively.
- Maintains open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility. Seeks out others to enhance and streamline development and decision making.
- Mastery in 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred), experience with professional 3D printing equipment, basic machine shop equipment & fabrication techniques.
- Demonstrated project management skills, team collaboration, and oral, written and visual communication skills.
- Must possess a body of technical work commensurate with their years of experience including but not limited to: demonstration of hands-on product development, design, customer interaction, and communication.
- Confident, independently-motivated self-starter.
- Demonstrated adequate knowledge in HSE
- Ability to communicate within and outside of group, as well as communicate across disciplines.
- Experience developing products in a highly regulated industry (biopharma, pharma, medical devices) preferred.
- BS/BA Degree with 3+ years industry or entry level Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or related.
- Previous product development experience with fabrication & prototyping
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now