The newly created role of Sr Brand Manager-Canada will provide leadership in Marketing strategy development, planning and implementation including communication activities that contribute to the growth of our CertainTeed Brands and build brand affinity for our respective brands. You will manage the overall business unit “client” relationship with Central Marketing, creative, media and packaging agencies and partner with leadership on strategic planning for marketing initiatives, by using your deep business and marketing knowledge to deliver against business objectives.
- Leads development of integrated marketing plans working closely with central marketing team and agency partners managing briefing and execution for full multi-channel marketing campaigns including digital and retail channels. This position will have one direct report.
- Partner and work with the customer experience team to translate category and customer insights into customer focused brand strategies
- Contributes to the development of the annual marketing plan identifying brand objectives, strategies and KPI’s
- On-going monitoring and reporting of consumer, competitor and brand activity with analysis and recommendations..
- Develop well informed customer focused “points of view” based on proactive identification of opportunities
- Participates in strategic planning meetings; acts as the “Voice of the BU Customer” to advise of strategies, new initiatives, business priorities and plans requiring support and alignment of Central Marketing resources and teams.
- Leads the development and manages projects through collaboration within the marketing team (digital, marketing operations, brand strategy), cross functional teams and external partners to ensure seamless, executional excellence of customer centric plans and programs
- Leads the development of all marketing communications with external agencies and manages projects with cross functional teams (digital, loyalty programs) to support website, packaging development and marketing collateral development
- Development and delivery of customer focused innovative creative briefs that inspire internal and external agencies and stakeholders
- Conducts briefings for internal team, outlining specifics of project, including business objectives, client strategy, requirements, budget, KPIs and desired timing
- Working with Marketing Operations team, specifically project managers, to translate and align BU project requirements to enable project planning and development of project SOWs
- Articulates BU product attributes, messaging, and position to internal team and ensures they are appropriately integrated into marketing recommendations and creative
- Manages execution of marketing projects/plans/strategies in alignment with identified objectives, including delivering status updates, performance reports and presentations to BU audiences ranging from executives to internal end users
- Collaborates with and supports product management, marketing leadership and other relevant roles to align CertainTeed corporate brand and BU product brand strategies
- Actively partners with other members of the Central Marketing leadership team to identify opportunities to create synergy and efficiency across workflows and business priorities
- Manage issues and risk by clearly communicating across internal and executive leadership teams, escalating as needed and deploying risk mitigation strategies as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or similar. Agency account management experience a plus.
- 7+ years of brand management and/or account management experience within a highly matrixed organization.
- Have an innate drive to create bold and passionate marketing campaigns.
- Experience building brand awareness and effectively leveraging the marketing mix across a variety of traditional and digital channels and formats.
- Results driven and detail oriented with a strong customer focus
- Proven experience influencing cross-functional teams through formal and informal channels. Brings people and teams together to enable more effective and efficient working teams.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple and complex projects
- Excellent business acumen and communication skills with experience engaging across all levels of business.
- Manage client expectations appropriately with the ability to manage through challenging situations with positive outcomes.
- Experience, understanding and continual curiosity in the space of performance marketing /digital marketing platforms, innovation and consumer engagement
- Ability to distill information and develop focused/measurable strategies
- Understanding and experience in budget management
- *Overnight travel in US and Canada (10%)
Certain Teed has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years, delivering innovative, high-quality solutions for use in residential development and environmental stewardship, the company’s broad product offering includes insulation, ceilings, roofing, siding, fence, railing deck, exterior trim and gypsum board products.
Given our dynamic portfolio of innovative and sustainable materials you can find your path to professional fulfillment at Certain Teed while working an engaging culture. We’re proud to that Saint-Gobain North America was recognized by Top Employers institute as on the best workplaces in North America.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Apply Now