Effectively manage the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) program in the region, driving the Saint-Gobain WCM methodology across the Saint-Gobain Coated Abrasives manufacturing organizations. Responsible for ensuring plant managers achieve the WCM objectives (savings, KPI improvement and awards) defined by the Region through execution, coaching, auditing, training and project leadership at the sites.
Coordinate with plant managers to identify opportunities for improvement of the sites strategic KPIs. Effectively support the assigned sites in all aspects of Saint-Gobain World Class Manufacturing to ensure operational targets are achieved. Responsibilities associated with this role include:
- Deliver significant operational improvement and financial benefit across assigned to the Saint-Gobain North American Coated Abrasives manufacturing organization
- Align World Class Manufacturing initiatives, projects and priorities
- Act as change agent to instill the WCM methodology throughout the organization
- Train, coach and develop project and pillar leaders as well as the Plant Steering Committee members on the WCM methodology
- Provide execution, leadership and coordination for major projects
- Expert problem solving resource for Black Belts and Green Belts to offer technical or professional expertise
- Collaborate with peers in other SOAs, businesses and regions to share best practices
- Integrate best practices into WCM routines
- Lead WCM projects as needed to support the plants and develop project leaders
- Partner with WCM leaders at the sites to develop, install and monitor a business process management system, including measurement tracking, reporting of implementation progress
- Offer technical expertise and guidance in project reviews
- Ensure open communication throughout all levels of the organization
Conduct analysis on Coated Abrasive facilities to help establish the best possible KPI’s
Manage above KPI metric reporting and analysis to standardize and automate across all plants
Design reports for flexible analysis to visualize correlation with time, load or other significant variables
Ad hoc reporting, problem solving
Best Practice Deployment & Continuous Improvement to the existing tools. Regular calculation and reporting of the value added by this position
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is required; Engineering degree preferred; Master’s degree a plus
- A thorough understanding of business (manufacturing, marketing, customer service and finance) is required
- 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment; preferred candidate has coached a plant to bronze status
- Thorough understanding of the manufacturing process and operations strategy
- Operations management
- Experience coaching and delivering training at all levels of an organization
- Saint-Gobain Black Belt or multi-green belt
- Solid experience in manufacturing, process engineering or technical project development, with a good understanding of plant organization
- Demonstrated project management and project leadership success
- Subject matter expertise in the various principles and practices of WCM such as Focused Improvement/Practical Problem Solving, TPM (Autonomous Maintenance, Professional Maintenance, Early Equipment Management), Quality and Process Control, and other Continuous Improvement principles (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Prior success operating in a matrixed organization
- Innovator who looks to create, implement and improve the best practices from within the Coated Abrasives NAM organization or sister businesses within the Company
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills and overall ability to share and inspire others to drive a continuous improvement culture
- People management and leadership
Validate loss deployment in all Coated facilities. Align losses and projects in the budget process. Ensure success of plant focused improvement efforts.
This is an individual contributor role but partners with other Coated Manufacturing members.
- Ability to work 40+ hours in an undefined shift structure plus overtime as required.
- Travel is approximately 50%. Must be able to visit other Coated manufacturing facilities, customers, suppliers, trade shows, universities and other Saint-Gobain facilities as required. International travel is required.
- Ability to work at a computer for long hours.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
With over 60,000 employees working across 46 countries, Saint-Gobain’s Innovative Materials Sector boasts a unique and profitable portfolio of high-tech and high value-added solutions for housing and construction, mobility, healthcare and industry.
A true technology bridgehead for the Saint-Gobain Group, the Innovative Materials Sector is supported by 3 powerful growth drivers: innovation, co-development and research.
In the field of High Performance Materials, it proposes a comprehensive range of innovative technologies targeting the housing and construction market, transport, industry and healthcare, and combined into four families of materials: ceramics, polymers, abrasives and technical fabrics. Flat Glass is a world leader in manufacturing, processing and selling glass products for the construction and transportation sector (including the automotive industry).
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now