New Business project responsibility from costing to feasibility signoff. Promotes a safe working environment, complies with proper use of PPE, reports incidents, and participates in functional department safety meetings. Exhibits good environmental practices and procedures consistent with job(s) performed and EMS (Environmental Management System) requirements.
Responsible for total project management of new business projects which include: part costing, tool quoting, material specifications, product testing, prototype development, processing of new tools, testing standards, writing capital requisitions for equipment and providing direct contact with customers. Work with equipment suppliers to ensure compliance with equipment specifications, MIOSHA requirements and delivery schedules. Take ownership of tool preventive maintenance specifications and management of troubleshooting activities and defect analysis and reduction until completion of IOQ of new products. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Responsible for the success of all new business. Travel as required to perform the objectives and end results of the function. Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
- 4 yr. degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Plastics, or Packaging Engineering or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years' experience in molding and/or extrusion of silicone, rubber polymers preferred.
- 2+ years' of applications engineering product development experience in a manufacturing environment. Working knowledge of mold (LIM, Transfer, Injection, Compression) and extrusion die design, function and construction.
- Strong mechanical design skills.
- Proficient in use of computers and spreadsheet software with experience with MRP systems. CAD experience with Autocad or equivalent.
- Must be aware of Quality Policy Statement.
- Good analytical, problem solving, project management skills, strong communication, team building and organizational skills.
- Must be team player with all levels and departments. Able to work closely with Sales, Manufacturing and Customers regarding Medical, Biopharmaceutical and Industrial silicone products and applications.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now