The Saint-Gobain Solar Gard Controls Engineer supports the company’s equipment electrical controls function of roll-to-roll manufacturing machines at Saint-Gobain Solar Gard’s San Diego, CA Campus.
Essential Responsibilities of the Position (includes the following; other responsibilities may be assigned):
- Specifies, designs, programs and installs electrical or control equipment (software/hardware) to support machine reliability, re-engineering, or upgrade equipment and systems in plant operations.
- Troubleshoots/repairs existing control/automation systems over a wide range of production machineries; identifies root cause of failure and implements sustainable solutions.
- Writes programs for industrial applications for PC/PLC/Drives installations.
- Supports plant as it relates to electrical requirements and repair maintenance.
- Directs and coordinates duties of maintenance technicians during intervention on equipment and systems in plant operations.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform various engineering tasks.
- Supports the project leader for Capital Appropriation Requests of new electrical or automation systems.
- Maintains Computer Assisted Drawing (CAD) functions utilizing AutoCAD software.
- Ensures that the latest data logging technology is employed for all production equipment. Administers data logging on historian database.
- Organizes and maintains documentation and project files.
- Manages spare parts for electrical and controls hardware.
- Occasionally participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Advisor to the Facilities Manager regarding electrical and control engineering needs.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to evolve autonomously and act as a team member.
- Keeps competencies up to date by attending training and seminars.
- Operates in a safe fashion at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and a minimum of (3) years engineering experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience in PLC programming in general and specifically required for Allen Bradley and Siemens platforms.
- Experience using Wonderware HMI platform.
- Prior experience with Parker/Eurotherm and AB Drives preferred.
- Prior experience with DH+, Controlnet, devicenet, Ethernet, RS-232, Profibus and ASI BUS networks.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, networking, AutoCad.
- Prior experience with web-handling equipment preferred.
- Familiarity with data logging via PC/PLC/SLC.
- Occasionally works different shifts based on repair criticality.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now