The Process Engineering co-op will assist the Engineering team with all aspects of continuous improvement in our production process. The Co-op will work with Process Engineers to identify procedures used to increase quality of product, productivity and setup time reduction.
The Co-op will also learn how to investigate and analyze highly technical manufacturing problems associated with the manufacture of parts and materials and the assembly of mechanical systems. S/he will gain experience in failure analysis and assist with formulating corrective actions and provides technical assistance to resolve a variety of production problems.
- Reviews and evaluates proposed and processed engineering changes and/or other specification requirements in order to learn how to evaluate different solutions and weigh their costs and benefits.
- Evaluates collected data and presents findings to engineering team and/or leadership.
- Researches and recommends new tool introductions and may help prepare a business case justification for proposed tools.
- Participate in cross functional teams involved in time/cost reduction initiatives, and other continuous improvement projects/events; learn and apply World Class Manufacturing Improvements, 5S and Six Sigma.
- Learn to apply engineering principles and solve technical/quality problems or issues with raw materials, manufacturing processes and quality of product lines.
- Understand technical issues, and help create and deliver technical reports both orally and in written form.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional groups, including design, testing, customer service, etc.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now