Set-Up/Process Technician – 24/7 Team 2
12hr Shift – Nights
6:45p - 7:15a (2-2-3 schedule)
This position is responsible for supporting the molding department with developing, monitoring, improving current machine set up times and operating processes. Promotes a safe working environment, complies with proper use of PPE, reports incidents, and participates in functional department safety meetings. Exhibits good environmental practices and procedures consistent with job(s) performed and EMS (Environmental Management System) requirements.
- Set up molds and machines.
- Implement new molding processes for new tooling; establish parameters, work instructions, and routings as applicable.
- Run Samples, setup and teardown presses and secondary equipment for current and new programs
- Assist Production and Engineering departments on lean projects and identify opportunities for SMED events.
- Work with Production Supervisor to create a better training program for new operators
- Recommend improvements and implement for tooling and processes.
- Maintain mold storage area in neat and orderly manner.
- Inspect mold and other tooling for damage or wear and promptly notifies supervisor of damage..
- Inspect production for visual defects; utilizes manual gauges or other instruments to inspect or sort molded product.
- Correctly fills out all time reporting forms and all other related paperwork including manufacturing forms, work order documentation, stock movement tickets, scrap tickets, identifications tag, QA forms via electronic document storage, etc.
- Assist in training other employees performing similar tasks on the proper techniques and procedures in order to produce defect free parts.
- Communicate with the other shifts the status of parts, equipment and any other matters that might have an impact on their job.
- Perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
High School diploma or equivalent plus 5 plus years of previous molding responsibilities in a manufacturing environment preferred. Ability to recognize issues and diagnose for quick resolution, maintain quality standards, and produce product per production schedules and deadlines. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- 5+ years of experience as a set-up technician or equivalent – Preferred
- 10+ years of injection molding machines – Preferred
- Working knowledge of Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE’s)
- Set up of insert molds and molding machines
- Injection molding process troubleshooting
- Mold design and machining
Requires walking, primarily on a level surface throughout the day. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to reach above shoulder heights and below the waist. Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
This position is in a clean room and office environment where the use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. Noise levels and temperatures may vary due to areas accessed. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals such as alcohol. There is expose to injection molding machines with magnet bases.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now