DIVISION/LOCATION: Siding Products Group, CertainTeed Plant, Jackson, Michigan
CURRENT POSITION/TITLE: Warehouse Associate
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Shipping Supervisor
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, the position is accountable for gathering warehouse products, scanning products into inventory, preparing products for shipment, and loading finished product onto carrier trucks. The position is also accountable for supplying the production line with corrugated boxes, removing finished product from production lines, and the removal of scrap skids from the production area. This position is also accountable for unloading all shipments of truckload chemicals, equipment and interplant materials and for delivering them to the proper storage location in the plant. This supplies the plant with necessary materials to operate continuously.
- Ensure load is packed according to specified order, and that the weight is distributed evenly throughout the trailer
- Pick loads for shipment, gathering square, full skids, verify load with pack sheets, and load carrier trucks
- Pull completed skids from the production lines, scan, and place on warehouse racks
- Organize product inventory and shelving, perform daily cycle counts, and stock material for the partial pick area
- Operate the wrapping machine in a safe, efficient manner, prioritize pallets according to color and bay
- Stock necessary corrugated boxes and materials to meet the needs of production
- Perform general housekeeping duties in the shipping area
- Dock trailers for loading using the Ottowa machine
- Arrange for shipping equipment and truck repair when necessary
- Train new warehouse associates in procedures
- Perform management assigned projects as required
- Operate a fork lift safely
- Unload all inbound materials
- Verify load against packing sheet
- Ability to ship out small packages using UPS service system
- Enter material into SAP system in the absence of the Team Leader
The position works within established CertainTeed policy and shipping procedures. The position is expected to make decisions pertaining to the safe operation of shipping equipment, resolve potential safety issues, and troubleshoot problems which may occur, but refer deviations in protocol to the Shipping Team leader.
This position is filled by seniority according to the bid and transfer policy.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires that the position be able to move heavy objects safely, not to exceed 60 pounds, without requiring assistance such as a dolly, forklift, or team member assistance. There are also frequent and prolonged periods of standing/walking and pushing /pulling or moving/lifting supplies. This position experiences frequent/occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders or stairs. This position is located within a vinyl siding manufacturing facility and requires the position can work in an environment that can be noisy and dusty. The possession of or ability to obtain licensure for a motor vehicle, lift truck is required. The ability to work 8 hour + shifts,. withstand heat/cold and chemical odors is also required. Must comply with all safety requirements including use of the personal protection equipment required for this position.