If you are wanting to Invent Yourself, Reshape the World, and Explore new possibilities with Saint-Gobain, please review the following general job description for the Supply Chain & Materials Management function*.
In preparation for our growth ahead, we would like to start learning about your interests for future opportunities with Saint-Gobain High Performance Solutions – Life Sciences, Composites & Mobility.
If you are interested within the area of Supply Chain & Materials Management, please apply to this general job profile, and include a cover letter referencing the position level and geography of interest.
Please email your questions to SGPPL.TalentAcquisition@saint-gobain.com .
Supply Chain & Materials Management (SCMM) will provide leadership, development, execution and planning strategies to drive 100% customer satisfaction through supply chain excellence. Supply Chain & Materials Management is primarily responsible for planning, controlling, and directing activities of the Materials Department, Production Control, and Shipping, Receiving and purchasing. This position is also responsible for Forecasting/Inventory Control.
SCMM will lead efforts to implement new materials management strategies to deliver measurable improvement while reducing cost of parts and increasing turnover of operating capital. This position is key to the execution of Manufacturing Operations plan to achieve best-in-class results in:
- 100% On-Time Delivery
- Maximize financial strength through effective purchasing and inventory management
- Lead high Employee Satisfaction
- Supplier zero-defect Quality
Supply Chain & Materials Management is responsible for working with cross-functional teams and leads product life-cycle from raw material sourcing through on time delivery of finished product. The job scope will include production planning, schedule attainment and material procurement and planning. Incumbents are responsible for leading and executing projects in support of continuous improvement toward achievement of site targets.
- Establishes strategic direction, department objectives, and provides leadership to achieve results with the following functions: Production control, planning and scheduling, Forecasting and Inventory control, Shipping/Receiving, Traffic/Transportation, Warehousing, Capacity utilization and planning, and Purchasing.
- Oversee planning of raw material purchases/requirements and oversees negotiation of price reductions through global purchasing, Improve/Develop management systems for monitoring vendor performance.
- Coach and provide subject matter expertise to the Supply Chain team (Schedulers, Buyers, Planners) to manage the production scheduling process with continuous improvements toward gained efficiencies, develop and maintain scheduling policies in conjunction with WCM Customer Focus Pillar.
- Ensure the Purchasing activity is compliant with the Saint-Gobain Best Practices and ICRF. Develop and maintain compliance with the Saint-Gobain PPL and NA Purchasing policies
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical processes for optimal capacity planning, asset utilization, Scheduling and planning, KPI’s performance and lead SIOP processes.
- Lead site’s formal strategic Continuous improvement program related to Customer Focus and Service and drive engagement within the group
- Develop and maintain supplier performance management programs; lead and direct planning of raw material purchases/requirements to achieve service objectives across the supply chain network
- Provide direction and leadership to supply chain’s functional team members in purchasing, production scheduling and planning, shipping and receiving
- Provides strong interface with all departments to ensure policies and systems being used are efficient, effective and in concert with required internal business controls
- Lead site specific supplier negotiations as required under the guidance of Corporate procurement, drive established goals / objectives that include cost, productivity, quality and inventory
(*Ongoing reference within Job Function: This Job Description provides an overview of the general responsibilities for the Supply Chain Management job family within Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics. Candidates who submit their profiles will account for their general interest and desire to learn more about Saint-Gobain and potential career opportunities. We therefore encourage talent to regularly review and formally apply to all related requisitions as pertaining to their specific career interests & desired location.)
B.S. degree is required - Supply Chain Management, Business REQUIRED
Master’s Degree MBA degree is preferred- Supply Chain Management, Business PREFERRED
- Experience in Scheduling, Planning, Supply Chain Management REQUIRED
- Experience in Manufacturing environment REQUIRED
- Leadership experience (direct & indirect) PREFERRED
- CPM. NAPM or APICS or equivalent credentials preferred. PREFERRED
- Project Management, PMP PREFERRED
20% : Supplier visits, training, conferences, customer visits
Responsible for the training and development of Material team to ensure that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their work. Perform timely and thorough performance reviews that provide clear and meaningful feedback to employees.
Communicating & Influencing Skills:
Create, maintain and report the appropriate Material metrics including on-time ordering, inventory accuracy and inventory valuation.
Problem-solve issues in Material and throughout the company that impede performance and potentially compromise customer satisfaction. Liaise resolutions with production, quality, sales, customer care and the management team.
- Merrimack, NH
- Ravenna, OH
- Puyallup, WA
- Hoosick Falls, NY
- Granville, NY
- Traverse City, MI
- Taunton, MA
- Portage, WI
- Poestenkill, NY
- Akron, OH
- Bridgewater, NJ
- Mickleton, NJ
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Clearwater, FL
- Beaverton, MI
- Worcester, MA
- San Diego, CA
- Oceanside, CA
- Bristol, RI
- Garden Grove, CA
- Wayne, NJ
- Solon, OH
- Cleveland, OH
- Orange, CT
Saint-Gobain is the world’s leading producer of engineered high performance polymer products for virtually every industry around the globe, including automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, food, beverage, airline, truck manufacturing, appliances, construction and microelectronics.
Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, Saint-Gobain is dedicated to working with our customers to solve today’s application issues and to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
Saint-Gobain’s tradition of excellence goes back more than 350 years when it was established near Paris, France in 1665. Today, Saint-Gobain is one of the world’s top 100 industrial corporations and a leader in a wide array of engineered materials. Saint-Gobain employs over 170,000 employees in over 66 countries.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe that the innovations you dream can make a true impact on the world; that you can build a diverse career in a company with a rich history; and that the teams you work in offer the utmost in collaboration and cooperation.
Together, We Make a Material Difference!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now