If you are wanting to Invent Yourself, Reshape the World, and Explore new possibilities with Saint-Gobain, please review the following general job description for the Engineering – Manufacturing, Applications & Process Management functions*.
In preparation for our growth ahead, we would like to start learning about your interests for future opportunities with Saint-Gobain High Performance Solutions – Life Sciences, Composites & Mobility.
If you are interested within the area of Engineering – Manufacturing, Applications & Process Management, please apply to this general job profile, and include a cover letter referencing the position level and geography of interest.
Please email your questions to SGPPL.TalentAcquisition@saint-gobain.com .
Engineering – Manufacturing, Applications & Process Management (EMAP) is responsible for the oversight, design, development and maintenance of the production, applications & processes supporting the assigned plant location(s) and/or the multi-product operations that services Saint-Gobain’s High Performance Solutions business sectors - Life Sciences, Composites, & Mobility and/or Process Systems business units.
Referenced functionalities include:
Manufacturing Engineering: responsible for overseeing the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes, tools and operations for new and existing products, including process validation within ISO guidelines and other regulations. Ensures the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs.
Applications Engineering: work with customers to develop innovative applications and new products using Saint-Gobain and other supplied components.
Process Engineering: responsible for operational excellence via efficient plant design and function. Ensures continuous improvement in process, cost, quality and production utilizing lean and Six Sigma tools. Supports various engineering projects and resolves processing issues.
Work with management, production personnel, and cross-functional teams
Perform duties within established environmental, health, and safety requirements.
Properly document activities in accordance with best engineering practices, company procedures and regulatory requirements.
Exhibits the Saint-Gobain five attitudes: Cultivate Customer Intimacy, Act as an Entrepreneur, Innovate, Be Agile & Build an Open Engaging Culture.
(*Ongoing reference within Job Function: This Job Description provides an overview of the general responsibilities for the Engineering job family within Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics. Candidates who submit their profiles will account for their general interest and desire to learn more about Saint-Gobain and potential career opportunities. We therefore encourage talent to regularly review and formally apply to all related requisitions as pertaining to their specific career interests & desired location.)
- Bachelor's Degree:Technical discipline (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Polymer). REQUIRED
- Master's Degree:Technical discipline (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Polymer). PREFERRED
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite, CAD, Minitab (or other analytic software) experience
- Ability to effectively characterize customer problems and communicates recommendations / solutions to the organization. Provides feedback to customers.
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing
- Experience using problem solving tools and techniques
- Proven track record of project development and management. Must be able to manage multiple projects.
- Experienced in analyzing and presenting data in graphical and other forms.
- Ability to draw conclusions and develop/present options from investigations and data analysis.
- Ability to develop and give presentations to various levels throughout the organization.
Communicating and Influencing Skills:
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate communicate and work within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in presenting ideas and concepts both in verbal and written form, including preparation of legible and accurate reports.
- Ability to communicate company goals and initiatives to employees.
- Resolving Conflict, Leading by Example, Dealing effectively with people
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Root cause and failure analysis utilizing systematic approach (Lean / Six Sigma tools).
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks and work within specified time lines.
- Merrimack, NH
- Ravenna, OH
- Puyallup, WA
- Hoosick Falls, NY
- Granville, NY
- Traverse City, MI
- Taunton, MA
- Portage, WI
- Poestenkill, NY
- Akron, OH
- Bridgewater, NJ
- Mickleton, NJ
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Clearwater, FL
- Beaverton, MI
- Worcester, MA
- San Diego, CA
- Oceanside, CA
- Bristol, RI
- Garden Grove, CA
- Wayne, NJ
- Solon, OH
- Cleveland, OH
- Orange, CT
Saint-Gobain is the world’s leading producer of engineered high performance polymer products for virtually every industry around the globe, including automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, food, beverage, airline, truck manufacturing, appliances, construction and microelectronics.
Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, Saint-Gobain is dedicated to working with our customers to solve today’s application issues and to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
Saint-Gobain’s tradition of excellence goes back more than 350 years when it was established near Paris, France in 1665. Today, Saint-Gobain is one of the world’s top 100 industrial corporations and a leader in a wide array of engineered materials. Saint-Gobain employs over 170,000 employees in over 66 countries.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe that the innovations you dream can make a true impact on the world; that you can build a diverse career in a company with a rich history; and that the teams you work in offer the utmost in collaboration and cooperation.
Together, We Make a Material Difference!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now