If you are wanting to Invent Yourself, Reshape the World, and Explore new possibilities with Saint-Gobain, please review the following general job description for the Quality Management function*.
In preparation for our growth ahead, we would like to start learning about your interests for future opportunities with Saint-Gobain High Performance Solutions – Life Sciences, Composites & Mobility.
If you are interested within the area of Quality Management, please apply to this general job profile, and include a cover letter referencing the position level and geography of interest.
Please email your questions to SGPPL.TalentAcquisition@saint-gobain.com .
Quality Management (QM) is responsible for the oversight, development and maintenance of the Quality Management System and the Quality Assurance Team, supporting the assigned plant location(s) and/or the multi-product operations that services Saint-Gobain’s High Performance Solutions business sectors - Life Sciences, Composites, & Mobility and/or Process Systems business units. The Quality Assurance Team supports the product development and manufacturing efforts of the plant, and investigates any quality issues relating to raw materials and manufactured products. This position is responsible for the overall quality education in the plant. QM has responsibility for the quality department’s budget, and is responsible for recommending site improvements through projects and CAPEX.
QM positions requires a high degree of general business acumen in the area of quality. QM leads and manages the Quality activities with strategic and tactical management of new and ongoing projects to improve overall quality efficiencies in order to meet our business and customer needs.
Having STRONG LEADERS & HIGH PERFORMING TEAM MEMBERS will result in a highly trained and motivated workforce that works closely with R&D and Process Engineering to ensure capable manufacturing processes and consistent cost improvements.
Quality Management will ensure compliance with product quality standards and will enhance our manufacturing processes in order to make sure that we have consistent cost improvements.
People - Personnel coaching and creation of working processes to maximize the success of the team. Manages department personnel including hiring, promotions, recognition, and performance management. Plans, directs, and monitors the performance objectives of department personnel. Maintains an effective organization and harmonious work relations; ensures that department personnel are properly qualified and trained and that department activities are performed in compliance with ISO systems, pertinent regulations and EHS policies. Strong commercial and customer interaction skills are essential.
Resource Deployment - Establishes budgets and meets cost objectives in the areas of materials and labor. Deploys assets to identify and resolve product quality issues both in manufacturing and post-sale, such as warranty claims and returns. Provides analytical data on quality issues and leads the organization to solve the most impactful through improvement project identification, scoping and execution. Works with the site team and production to establish stable and repeatable manufacturing processes. Provide support to Product Management, Engineering, and Manufacturing, as needed.
Quality Systems - Develops and leads the efforts to maintain ISO 9001 and customer certifications. Ensures that the certification requirements are always met while streamlining the quality system for optimum efficiency. Provides leadership and training to the group in basic and advanced project and diagnostic tools such as PFMEA, SPC, DOEs, Cause and Effect charts/Paretos, and DMAIC techniques among others. As the WCM quality pillar owner, help drive continual process control and yield improvement activities for products while reducing warranty claims and customer complaints. Makes data driven decisions to focus efforts for maximum impact. Manage non-conformance and calibration programs.
Planning - Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans, preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change. Develops quality assurance plans by identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories of non-conforming items.
(*Ongoing reference within Job Function: This Job Description provides an overview of the general responsibilities for the Quality Management job family within Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics. Candidates who submit their profiles will account for their general interest and desire to learn more about Saint-Gobain and potential career opportunities. We therefore encourage talent to regularly review and formally apply to all related requisitions as pertaining to their specific career interests & desired location.)
- Bachelor’s degree -Technical discipline REQUIRED
(i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Polymer).
- Master’s Degree Technical discipline PREFERRED
(i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Polymer).
- Management and extensive experience managing ISO 9001 quality systems. REQUIRED
- Expertise in metrology and the design and use of inspection systems. REQUIRED
- Web based processes (metalizing, coating & laminating, slitting) or similar Continuous operations. PREFERRED
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements, must have a strong commitment to safety practices & principles.
- Ability to effectively characterize customer problems and communicates recommendations / solutions to the organization. Provides feedback to customers and manages the complaint system.
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing.
- Experience using problem solving tools and techniques.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs like Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of project development and management. Must be able to manage multiple projects.
- Experienced in analyzing and presenting data in graphical and other forms.
- Ability to draw conclusions and develop/present options from investigations and data analysis.
- Ability to develop and give presentations to various levels throughout the organization.
Licenses and Certifications:
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification 1 YEAR
- Lean / 6 Sigma Certification 1 YEAR
- Quality Management Certification (ex., ASQ CQM, CQE) 1 YEAR
Leadership and Time Management:
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills for people development. Excellent team development / coaching skills with employee empowerment philosophy.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing organization needs. Acts as a change agent, implements effective systems and ways of working while developing competencies of employees.
- Time Management, Meetings, Projects, Disseminating Information.
Communicating and Influencing Skills:
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate communicate and work within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in presenting ideas and concepts both in verbal and written form, including preparation of legible and accurate reports.
- Ability to communicate company goals and initiatives to employees.
- Resolving Conflict, Leading by Example, Dealing effectively with people.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Root cause and failure analysis utilizing systematic approach (Lean / Six Sigma tools).
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks and work within specified time lines.
- Merrimack, NH
- Ravenna, OH
- Puyallup, WA
- Hoosick Falls, NY
- Granville, NY
- Traverse City, MI
- Taunton, MA
- Portage, WI
- Poestenkill, NY
- Akron, OH
- Bridgewater, NJ
- Mickleton, NJ
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Clearwater, FL
- Beaverton, MI
- Worcester, MA
- San Diego, CA
- Oceanside, CA
- Bristol, RI
- Garden Grove, CA
- Wayne, NJ
- Solon, OH
- Cleveland, OH
- Orange, CT
Saint-Gobain is the world’s leading producer of engineered high performance polymer products for virtually every industry around the globe, including automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, food, beverage, airline, truck manufacturing, appliances, construction and microelectronics.
Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, Saint-Gobain is dedicated to working with our customers to solve today’s application issues and to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
Saint-Gobain’s tradition of excellence goes back more than 350 years when it was established near Paris, France in 1665. Today, Saint-Gobain is one of the world’s top 100 industrial corporations and a leader in a wide array of engineered materials. Saint-Gobain employs over 170,000 employees in over 66 countries.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe that the innovations you dream can make a true impact on the world; that you can build a diverse career in a company with a rich history; and that the teams you work in offer the utmost in collaboration and cooperation.
Together, We Make a Material Difference!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now