DIVISION/LOCATION: Siding Products Group, CertainTeed Plant, Jackson, Michigan
CURRENT POSITION/TITLE: Operator
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Production Shift Leader
Under the supervision of the Production Shift Leader, the position is accountable for safety and ensuring production lines at the Jackson Plant run according to the parameters specified by management and that the lines produce a quality product within set specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety, quality, housekeeping, 5S and KOI performance for the assigned line or area as directed by the Production Shift Leader
- Perform start-up and set-up duties, ensuring lines are ready for production
- Perform color and product changes according to plant procedures
- Ensure all hoppers are filled with correct material and that lines are set up for efficient production
- Performs all quality tests per required frequency and adheres to the Jackson plant VSI standards
- Perform adjustments to extrusion equipment and tooling to maintain quality specifications, clean and assemble tooling as needed, perform adjustments to line
- Ensuring the following equipment is utilized when line runs (where applicable)
- Defect Detection Camera
- NDC units
- Total line control
- Complete work requests for maintenance repairs on the extrusion line
- Process shift reports for tracking re-grind rates, color and operations
- Ensure that packaging for finished products skids; all flaps are securely glued, boxes are square, labeled straight, and finishes product skids are securely and properly strapped.
- Demonstrates good communication skills between line packers, Area Lead and Production Shift Leader
- Train new operators and packers in procedures as required
- Relieve packers for breaks
- Perform basic housekeeping duties
- Assist other operators and packers with line issues
- Troubleshoot production lines
- Perform any management assigned tasks
The position works within the parameters as defined by CertainTeed policy, and extrusion line operating procedure, and is expected to make decisions pertaining to the operation of the extrusion lines. If situations are not resolved within a specified amount of time, situations are referred to the Area Lead. Deviations in protocol are referred to the Production Shift Leader.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires that the position be able to move heavy objects safely, not to exceed 60 pounds, without requiring assistance such as a dolly, forklift, or team member assistance. There are also frequent and prolonged periods of standing/walking and pushing /pulling or moving/lifting supplies and extensive use of a hacksaw. This position experiences frequent/occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, repetitive motion and gripping and pulling down skid straps. This position is located within a vinyl siding manufacturing facility and requires the position can work in an environment that can be noisy and dusty. The ability to work 8 hour+ shifts, withstand heat and chemical odors is also required. Must comply with all safety requirements including use of the personal protection equipment required for this position.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now