Saint-Gobain’s Employee Referral Program
Saint-Gobain believes that you, our employees, are one of the best resources for qualified candidate referrals. We would like to reward you for recommending Saint-Gobain and our subsidiaries as an “employer of choice” through our BridgeBuilder Employee Referral Program.
- To be eligible for participation in the BridgeBuilder Employee Referral Program, you must be an employee of Saint-Gobain North America (SGNA), including our subsidiaries.
- All employees of SGNA and our subsidiaries, with the exception of those who have “recruitment” as part of their responsibility, may refer a candidate as long as there are no conflicts of interest (to be determined by Human Resources/Recruitment). Anyone who has direct involvement in the hiring process (including Human Resources and the hiring manager) will not be eligible for the financial reward.
- Employees who refer their immediate family members will be eligible for a reward, as long as the referral is in alignment with SGNA policy regarding the hiring of relatives (please click here to read the policy).
- Employees who refer former SGNA employees are also eligible for a reward, provided a minimum of two years has elapsed since the referred candidate’s last date of employment.
To qualify for a BridgeBuilder reward, the following conditions must be met:
- The referring employee must be employed by SGNA or one of our subsidiaries at the time the referral is made and at the time the payment is distributed.
- The referred candidate must not have been submitted to SGNA and/or one of our subsidiaries through any other means, channel, or relationship. This includes any candidates who have been active in the company’s database for a period of two years.
- If a fee must be paid to an external party (e.g., a temporary or permanent placement agency), a referral reward will not be paid.
- Referrals of individuals for part-time or summer employment, internships, or temporary positions will not qualify for the program.
- A reward will not be paid for individuals who convert from full-time to temporary status.
- The referred candidate must identify the SGNA employee as the referral source upon submitting their resume to the company’s employment website. The SGNA website is the only means through which an SGNA employee can be identified as the source of the referred candidate and be eligible for a referral payment. Any other method of referral (email, resume, etc.) will not be considered and will not be eligible for a reward.
- In the case where two or more employees refer the same candidate, credit will be given only to the employee who is first documented as the source (see above) by the candidate.
- Any referrals received after a candidate has already been identified by the recruiting department will not be eligible for a reward.
- BridgeBuilder rewards will be based on the level of the candidate and paid as follows:
- Select operational positions (plant manager / maintenance manager / engineer): $3,000
- Exempt salaried positions: $1,500
- All other qualifying positions: $500
- Payments are distributed to employees after the referred candidate is hired and employed a minimum of 90 days from their start date.
- To receive a referral reward, both the referring employee and the referred employee must be actively employed at the time of payment.
- Referral payments will be processed through the payroll department and are considered taxable income according to IRS/CRA regulations.
- The company may periodically offer additional incentives such as prizes and drawings throughout the program.
The Human Resources/Recruitment department will document and track referrals of newly hired employees and process the necessary paperwork for referral payments through the payroll department.
General Program Guidelines
- All employee-referred candidates will be reviewed for consideration, consistent with the company’s standard operating procedures. Employment consideration will be based on skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to the position. Not all referrals will be interviewed or hired.
- SGNA and our subsidiaries do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other category protected by the applicable federal, state, provincial, or local law.
- Employees are not authorized to make verbal or written promises or commitments on behalf of the company to the candidates they refer.
- All information on an applicant’s status and the decision to hire or not to hire remains confidential; however, the referring employee will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance of their referral.
- The BridgeBuilder program replaces all previous employee referral programs and/or practices offered by Saint-Gobain North America companies, effective January 1, 2014.
- This program may be revised or discontinued at any time.